Taxpayers can obtain a Letter of Good Standing based on the criteria listed below:
- Be in compliance with all tax types (individual, TPT, withholding, corporate, and partnership), and have no liabilities and/or delinquencies with ADOR.
- Individuals only: Must be in compliance with the last six years of tax filings and payments.
- If filing under a consolidated tax return, a Letter of Assumption must be submitted.
- If anyone other than an authorized officer is signing the application, Form 285B must be submitted with the Tax Clearance application.
- If tax exempt, the Letter of Determination from IRS stating tax exemption is required.
Also, please note that being on a payment plan does not suffice, and all liabilities must be paid in full.
Please allow at least 15 business days to process the Tax Clearance application. A Certificate of Compliance specific to a request will be sent via USPS.
TAX CLEARANCE APPLICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS