Phoenix, AZ—The Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) advises taxpayers to only make online payments through ADOR’s official payment website, AZTaxes.gov. For card payments, AZTaxes will redirect to Point and Pay, which is an approved payment card service provider.
The Department has been made aware of third-party websites offering bill payment services to pay tax liabilities that result in funds not being delivered and/or rejected by ADOR. It may appear that the website is affiliated with ADOR, but the Department does not sanction or accept payments through third-party bill payment services outside of Point and Pay.
ADOR does not charge a fee to make payments through e-check, but credit and debit card payments result in a processing service charge.
Instead, ensure your payment is made through AZTaxes.gov, which accepts electronic individual, corporate, withholding, and transaction privilege tax payments.
For individual income payments:
- Go to AZTaxes.gov and select Make an Individual/Small Business Income Payment under Quick Links.
- Select the payment type that applies to the payment you wish to make and click “Continue.”
- Select the filing status, and click “Continue.”
- Enter the taxpayer information, and click “Continue.”
- Select the payment method, e-check or credit card, and enter the amount. If you select “credit card,” the system will redirect you to our credit card payment service provider, Point and Pay. It should not take you to any other payment service provider.
- Enter the payment information and click “Continue.”
- A payment confirmation screen will be displayed when the payment is submitted successfully. Please keep a record of the confirmation number if you have questions regarding the payment confirmation.
Similarly to individual income, transaction privilege tax payments can be made without a login through AZTaxes.gov, selecting Make a Transaction Privilege and Use Tax Payment under Quick Links. Businesses need to know their license number and business mailing zip code. Please note: Only registered business users can make an e-check payment.
For tutorials on making an online payment, see our Taxpayer Education page.
If you receive any suspicious phone calls or emails from someone claiming to represent ADOR or demanding a payment, please call the general customer service phone number at (602) 255-3381. If you are redirected to another website to make a payment besides Point and Pay, please document the website address and screenshots and email them to [email protected].
Thursday, June 16, 2022