ADOR offers tax filing tips
With the April 17 filing deadline for this year’s individual income taxes just over two weeks away, the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) has tips for taxpayers to avoid errors and make their filing easier.
Tips to avoid common errors:
- Ensure all the necessary lines and forms are filled out properly.
- Identify and correct math errors or miscalculations.
- Submit all required documents with your return.
- Double check that all information and supporting documentation are correct.
- Make sure all income, withholding and payments are reported accurately.
- Double check spelling of names.
- Avoid using two different names.
- Make sure key information like a tax ID number, Social Security number, routing number or account number are correct in all appropriate boxes.
- Don’t forget to sign and date the return.
The Department of Revenue encourages Arizonans to file their individual income taxes electronically as e-filing is more secure and efficient.
- Visit https://azdor.gov/EServices.aspx to see the list of software providers certified to submit e-filed returns with the department.
- Direct deposit refunds. If using direct deposit, verify bank account information is accurate.
ADOR asks all taxpayers to be on the alert for tax scams. Arizonans with tax-related ID theft questions should contact the department’s Identity Theft Call Center at (602) 716-6300, toll-free at (800) 352-4090 or www.azdor.gov/identitytheft.aspx, the Internal Revenue Service, or the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Check out the Arizona Department of Revenue’s website for additional information on tax filing requirements, instructions and answers to frequently asked questions.
Monday, April 2, 2018