The Arizona Department of Revenue’s 2016 annual report, highlighting the agency’s accomplishments over the past fiscal year is available online.
VIEW REPORT HERE
Among the report highlight are:
- Deployed the first phase of TPT reform to simplify how taxpayers register, file returns and make TPT payments via a central online portal, AZTaxes.gov and added a feature that allowed taxpayers to view their TPT rates by address or zip code online.
- Reduced the customer call wait times when contacting the department for support
- Sent out a record number of notifications for unclaimed property
- Administered a tax recovery program that enabled individual and business taxpayers who fell behind on their tax payments to make good on their obligations while benefiting the state as a whole through investment of additional revenue in critical programs
- Automated processes to identify fraudulent returns which reduced both the time required to adjudicate a tax return and process valid refunds owed to taxpayers
- Modernized the Debt Set Off application to replace a nearly 20-year-old system that required substantial staff time to manually enter data
A printable report can also be downloaded HERE