The Arizona Department of Revenue’s Customer Care Call Center handles an average of 50,000 to 60,000 calls every month, with many of the inquiries involving complex tax-related questions.
Due to periods of high call volumes during certain times of the year, the agency has some tips for taxpayers to assist them contacting the department:
- Consider calling Customer Care on Thursdays or Fridays.
- Call Customer Care before noon or after 2 p.m.
- While on hold, there is an option to leave a message and request a call-back. Calls are typically returned within three to five business days.
- To license, file and pay transaction privilege tax, go to AZTaxes.gov.
- Check and pay business tax balances on AZTaxes.gov.
- Make an individual income tax payment online at www.AZTaxes.gov/Home/PaymentIndividual.
- For forms and tax filing information, go to the Department of Revenue's website: www.azdor.gov.
- For guidance and tax tips, visit ADOR’s social media pages at www.facebook.com/azdor.gov and www.twitter.com/azdormedia.
To address high call volumes, ADOR has introduced several counter measures, including adding more trained call center staff, extending call-back hours for complex tax questions and increasing the number of phone circuits to handle larger call volumes.
The Department of Revenue will continue monitoring the steps it has taken to determine if other actions are required.
Friday, Dec. 21, 2018