Transaction Privilege Tax Changes and News
City of Winslow
The city electorate passed Proposition 426 on November 3, 2020, which extends the levy and collection of an additional one percent (1.00%) city transaction privilege tax.
The Council of the City of Winslow ordained the extension of privilege tax with the passing of Ordinance Number 1359 on March 23, 2021 for an additional period of five years from July 15, 2021. Ordinance Number 1359 amends Article VII, Additional Tax, on each of the taxable categories listed in Article IV of the Tax Code, with the exception of those categories in Sections 9-422, 9-432, and 9-447. Ordinance 1359 shall cease on or after July 15, 2026 unless reauthorized by the qualified electors of the City.
Effective July 1, 2021.
Current state, county and city/town tax rate tables are available at https://azdor.gov/transaction-privilege-tax/tax-rate-table.
DUE DATE REMINDERS
TPT Filing Frequency and Due Dates*- Monthly and Quarterly
The downloadable 2021 printable schedule is available at azdor.gov/transaction-privilege-tax/due-dates.
TPT filers are reminded of the following March TPT filing deadlines:
- April 20 - TPT return due date
- April 29 - Paper returns must be received by ADOR by 5 p.m. on this date
- April 30 - Electronic returns must be received by ADOR by 5 p.m. on this date
* The electronic due date for TPT return is dependent on the return and payment being timely and filed electronically.
DID YOU KNOW
TPT Filing Facts
- Check your business’ balance or outstanding liabilities by logging into AZTaxes.gov. Select the account, then click “Pay,” and “Pay Outstanding Liabilities.”
- Verify and update your mailing address instantly and securely at AZTaxes.gov.
- Remember to file your TPT return for the prior month’s activity.
- File a $0 TPT return for temporarily closed businesses and residential rental property owners with no sales/or tax due. Go to azdor.gov/transaction-privilege-tax-tpt for more information.
- Keep your account history in good standing and avoid penalties. If no longer in business, cancel your existing TPT license on AZTaxes.gov or submit a Business Account Update Form.
- The tax rate look up tool on AZTaxes.gov is a useful tool for TPT filers in helping them find the TPT rates for any location within the state of Arizona.
TPT taxpayers are invited to provide feedback in the following feedback opportunities:
EDUCATION, TUTORIALS AND TRAINING
ADOR makes available online workshops and tutorials on topics such as setting up AZTaxes, new user registration,
understanding location codes, filing an electronic TPT return and more.
All ADOR workshops are free of charge. Below are upcoming options available to taxpayers. To register or access
online workshops, tutorials and resources, visit azdor.gov/taxpayer-education.
BUSINESS TAX BASICS WORKSHOPS
Statewide (via WebEx)
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 5th, 2021
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 12th, 2021
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
ON-DEMAND TAX EDUCATION TUTORIALS
*New” Power of Attorney - This tutorial provides information on how to authorize the Arizona Department of Revenue
to disclose tax information and how to appoint a representative on tax matters using Arizona Form 285 series. Please
visit https://azdor.gov/taxpayer-education/tpt-tutorials for more information and to access the tutorial.