In this area, you will find topics regarding Decisions, Rulings, Procedures, and Private Taxpayer Rulings from the Arizona Department of Revenue:
- Decisions from the Arizona Department of Revenue Hearing Office and the Director’s Office.
- Private Taxpayer Rulings/Taxpayer Information Rulings - The department's interpretation of the law or rules only as they apply to the taxpayer and facts contained in the request.
- Tax Procedure provides procedural guidance to the general public to assist in the implementation of tax laws, administrative rules, and tax rulings.
- Tax Rulings - Written statement of the Arizona Department of Revenue's position interpreting the Arizona tax law and applying the law to a specific set of facts or a particular tax situation.
- Draft Documents - In an ongoing effort to interact with and inform the public regarding issues relating to taxation, we would appreciate your written comments on these drafts. We will review all comments that are received by the noted due dates and make any appropriate revisions before issuing the final documents. For your convenience, you may submit your comments using the contact information provided on the cover page for each draft document.
- Conformity to IRC - Each year the Arizona legislature considers whether to amend Arizona Revised Statutes § 43-105 to conform to changes made to the Internal Revenue Code during the prior year.
|Document Type||Category||Document ID||Description||Tags||Decision Date|
|Decisions||Transaction Privilege and Use Taxes||200200180-S||Architectural, engineering and design fees were taxable under the prime contracting classification and whether penalties were warranted. (superseded by legislation, see A.R.S. § 42-5075.J.)||Director||11/26/2003|
|Decisions||Transaction Privilege and Use Taxes||200200148-S||Beer and wine labeled non-alcoholic, but which contain some alcohol, constitute alcoholic beverages and do not fall within the definition of food eligible to be sold by a qualified retailer exempt from the transaction privilege tax.||Director||08/25/2003|
|Decisions||Transaction Privilege and Use Taxes||200200106-S||Taxpayer did not present reasonable cause for the abatement of penalties.||Director||03/06/2003|
|Decisions||Withholding Tax||201800184-W||Taxpayer is required to withhold Arizona income tax from employee wages and to remit amounts withheld to the Department at prescribed times.||Hearing||02/19/2019|