Corporations are now able to electronically file their income taxes to the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR). The corporate e-file solution starts with 2019 income tax returns and includes partnership tax returns.
Corporations that plan to use a tax professional to prepare electronic income tax returns should check with them early and ensure they are IRS Authorized e-file Providers.
Corporations that plan to prepare their own income tax returns should discuss electronic filing options and check our Approved Vendors List as vendors get verified and approved to e-file returns.
Mandatory E-file and E-pay Requirements
For businesses, filing electronically is a requirement under certain circumstances:
- Corporate Estimated Tax - Any corporation with $500 prior tax year liability.
- Mandatory e-file for corporations starting in 2021 for tax year 2020 returns (e-file option in 2020 for tax year 2019)
Benefits of Electronic Filing
- Convenience. You can electronically file anytime.
- Security. Information is encrypted and securely transmitted to the IRS and ADOR.
- Accuracy. Fewer errors than paper returns.
- Proof of Filing. Acknowledgment of receipt from both the IRS and ADOR.
You may sign-up to receive email notifications for further updates. To receive corporate income tax updates, make sure you are subscribed to the “Corporate/Business Income Tax” list.