Casa Grande Transaction Privilege Tax Rates
|City/Town Name: Casa Grande City Code: CG||Business Code||Tax Rate|
|Timbering and Other Extraction||020||1.80%|
|Hotel/Motel (Additional Tax)||144||5.00%|
|Residential Rental, Leasing & Licensing for Use||045||1.80%|
|Commercial Rental, Leasing & Licensing for Use||213||1.80%|
|Rental, Leasing & Licensing for Use of TPP||214||1.80%|
|Restaurants and Bars||011||1.80%|
|Retail Sales (Single Item Portion over $5,000)||357||1.50%|
|Retail Sales Food for Home Consumption||062||2.00%|
Amendments or Special Provisions
1. Impose a 2.00% rate on telecommunications.
2. Impose a 2.00% rate on utilities.
3. Impose a 2.00% rate on retail effective April 1, 1999.
4. Adopted Appendix IV.
5. Have a 1.50% rate on sales of tangible personal property sold at retail exceeding $5,000 per item. 2.00% shall apply to the first $5,000.
6. Section 3.08.425(b)(3) is amended to read:
(3) sales of job printing for use outside the state if the job printing is shipped or delivered out of the state.
7. Impose an additional 2.00% bed tax (effective January 1, 1996).
8. Effective August 01, 2006, impose a 4.00% rate on all classes of construction contracting.
9. Effective December 1, 2022, Ordinance 1397.08.31 increases the additional tax on transient lodging from two percent (2.0%) to five percent (5.0%).
History of Rate Changes
Transaction Privilege Tax
1.80% (effective November 1, 1993)
1.50% (effective January 1, 1978)
510 East Florence Boulevard
Casa Grande, AZ 85122