1. Impose an additional 2.00% bed tax.
2. Impose a 3.00% tax on restaurants and bars effective July 01, 2008. The additional 2.00% of this rate has an effective date of July 01, 2013 and was approved by the voters and is subject to reauthorization in 2018.
3. Jet fuel taxed at $.03 per gallon (effective July 01, 1992).
4. Adopted Appendix IV.
5. Article VII of the tax code provides: Article VII ADDITIONAL TAX
In addition to the tax imposed pursuant to the provisions of this Tax Code, there shall also be extended, levied and collected by the duly authorized officers of the City of Winslow, for an additional period of five years from July 01, 2016, a one percent (1.00%) transaction privilege tax on each of the taxable categories listed in Article IV of the Tax Code, with the exception of those categories in Sections 9-422, 9-432 and 9-447, and in the same manner provided in the other provisions of the Tax Code. The provisions of this article and the tax imposed shall cease on and after July 01, 2021 unless reauthorized by the qualified electors of the City at an election called for this purpose.
6. Article VIII of the tax code provides: Article VIII 1.00% Tax for Capital Improvements
The one percent (1.00%) transaction privilege tax approved by the qualified electors of the City on August 26, 2014 shall be levied and collected by the duly authorized officers of the City of Winslow, for a period of twenty (20) years from January 01, 2016, on the gross income from the business of every person or company engaging or continuing within the City as set forth herein, on each of the taxable categories listed in Article IV of this tax code, with the exception of those categories in the other provisions of the tax code. The collections thereof shall be used to pay the costs of capital improvements for the city.
Transaction Privilege Tax %: 3.00 (Rate includes the tax imposed by Article VII and VIII - see below)