1) Amend a Section or Regulation in the Model City Tax Code:
- Strikethrough when removing text: When amending words or portions of words, strike-out the entire word, insert one blank space, then underline the new version of the word. (It can be difficult to decipher what you mean if you just strike-out letters within a word.)
- Underlining when adding new text: Show new language by underlining the text. All new Section numbers, headings, and text shall be underlined. Place new text after strikethrough.
- Do not track changes: Do not turn on Track Changes under Tools in Microsoft Word. Files created with Track Changes cannot be imported properly.
2) Submit a copy of the proposed amendment (including strikethrough language to be removed and underlined language to be added) to ADOR's City Services Team at [email protected] as an attached document.
3) The following information should be included in the email communication:
- Date submitted: (mm,dd,yyyy)
- Submitter's name:
- Representing organization name or city name, if applicable:
- Submitter's telephone number:
- Submitter's email address:
- Model City Tax Code Section or Regulation to amend:
- Benefits of the suggested amendment:
- Additional notes, if applicable:
4) Upon receipt of email, an email response will be returned to the sender confirming receipt of the submission and providing an assigned City Services Team member for follow-up assistance.