In this area, you will find topics regarding Decisions, Rulings, Procedures, and Private Taxpayer Rulings from the Arizona Department of Revenue:
- Decisions from the Arizona Department of Revenue Hearing Office and the Director’s Office.
- Private Taxpayer Rulings/Taxpayer Information Rulings - The department's interpretation of the law or rules only as they apply to the taxpayer and facts contained in the request.
- Tax Procedure provides procedural guidance to the general public to assist in the implementation of tax laws, administrative rules, and tax rulings.
- Tax Rulings - Written statement of the Arizona Department of Revenue's position interpreting the Arizona tax law and applying the law to a specific set of facts or a particular tax situation.
- Draft Documents - In an ongoing effort to interact with and inform the public regarding issues relating to taxation, we would appreciate your written comments on these drafts. We will review all comments that are received by the noted due dates and make any appropriate revisions before issuing the final documents. For your convenience, you may submit your comments using the contact information provided on the cover page for each draft document.
- Conformity to IRC - Each year the Arizona legislature considers whether to amend Arizona Revised Statutes § 43-105 to conform to changes made to the Internal Revenue Code during the prior year.
|Document Type||Category||Document ID||Description||Tags||Decision Date|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 09-2||Reasonable Cause Exception to the Late Payment Penalty When a Taxpayer With a Valid Filing Extension Paid at Least 90% of the Tax Due by the Return’s Original Due Date||02/08/2010|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 09-1||When do Penalties Apply to an Income Tax Return Filed Under an Extension (RESCINDS AND SUPERSEDES ARIZONA CORPORATE INCOME TAX RULING CTR 07‑2)||02/08/2010|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 07-2||RESCINDED AND SUPERSEDED ON 2/8/10 - SEE CTR 09-1||08/13/2007|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 99-4||RESCINDED AND SUPERSEDED ON 4/3/2007||04/03/2007|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 07-1||Inclusion of Short Term Investments in the Sales Factor (RESCINDS AND SUPERSEDES CTR99-4)||04/03/2007|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 06-1||Obligations of the United States Government, Federal Agencies and United States Territories||04/20/2006|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 04-1||Continued Filing Requirements of a Consolidated Group Involved in a Reverse Acquisition||07/12/2004|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 02-5||Rescinded on 8/17/2020||04/15/2004|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 91-1||RESCINDED -- SEE RESCISSION OF ARIZONA CORPORATE INCOME TAX RULING DATED 9/9/02||09/09/2002|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 02-4||Business/Nonbusiness Determination of Income from Foreign Currency Transactions||08/12/2002|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 02-3||Is Income from a Qualified Electing Fund (QEF) Taxable||08/12/2002|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 02-1||Amended Return's Effect on the Estimated Payment Underpayment Penalty||07/15/2002|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 02-2||Apportionment of Installment Sale Gain||07/15/2002|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 01-3||Extensions (RESCINDS AND SUPERSEDES ARIZONA CORPORATE INCOME TAX RULING CTR 94-8)||10/01/2001|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 01-1||Does a Federal Tax-Free I.R.C. § 351(a) Reorganization Affect the Arizona Unitary Determination of the Affiliated Companies||05/02/2001|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 01-2||How does a Taxpayer Filing an Arizona Corporate Income Tax Return Determine Whether Computer Software is Included in the Property Factor||05/01/2001|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 00-2||Defining Ownership or Control for Combined Returns||08/21/2000|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 00-1||Business/nonbusiness Determination of Gain on Sale of Stock||05/08/2000|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 99-7||Taxation of REITs||09/22/1999|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 99-2||SUPERSEDED -- SEE CTR 99-7||09/22/1999|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 99-6||Rescinded on 12/18/2012||07/12/1999|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 95-2||SUPERSEDED -- SEE CTR 99-5||05/25/1999|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 99-5||Application of Public Law 86-272 (SUPERSEDES CTR 95-2)||05/25/1999|
|Rulings||Corporate Tax||CTR 99-3||Recalculating NOLs from Separate Corporate Returns to a Combined Corporate Return||05/22/1999|