In this area, you will find topics regarding Decisions, Rulings, Procedures, and Private Taxpayer Rulings from the Arizona Department of Revenue:
- Decisions from the Arizona Department of Revenue Hearing Office and the Director’s Office.
- Private Taxpayer Rulings/Taxpayer Information Rulings - The department's interpretation of the law or rules only as they apply to the taxpayer and facts contained in the request.
- Tax Procedure provides procedural guidance to the general public to assist in the implementation of tax laws, administrative rules, and tax rulings.
- Tax Rulings - Written statement of the Arizona Department of Revenue's position interpreting the Arizona tax law and applying the law to a specific set of facts or a particular tax situation.
- Draft Documents - In an ongoing effort to interact with and inform the public regarding issues relating to taxation, we would appreciate your written comments on these drafts. We will review all comments that are received by the noted due dates and make any appropriate revisions before issuing the final documents. For your convenience, you may submit your comments using the contact information provided on the cover page for each draft document.
- Conformity to IRC - Each year the Arizona legislature considers whether to amend Arizona Revised Statutes § 43-105 to conform to changes made to the Internal Revenue Code during the prior year.
|Document Type||Category||Document ID||Description||Tags||Decision Date|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||WTR 16-2||Arizona's Withholding Requirements Imposed on Employee Benefits (Supersedes WTR 93-1)||07/25/2016|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||WTR 16-5||Arizona Income Tax Withholding on Pensions or Annuities (Supersedes WTR 99-2)||07/25/2016|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||WTR 16-3||Arizona Income Tax Withholding for Baby-Sitters, Governesses and Nannies (Supersedes WTR 93-2)||07/25/2016|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||Pre 1991||All Income Tax Rulings Issued Prior to January 1, 1991 are Rescinded.||12/01/2010|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||WTR 99-2||SUPERSEDED ON 7-25-2016 – SEE WTR 16-5||02/02/1999|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||WTR 99-1||Rescinded on 8/17/2020||02/02/1999|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||WTR 93-3||SUPERSEDED ON 7-25-2016 – SEE WTR 16-4||04/23/1993|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||WTR 93-2||SUPERSEDED ON 7-25-2016 – SEE WTR 16-3||04/23/1993|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||WTR 93-1||SUPERSEDED ON 7-25-2016 – SEE WTR 16-2||03/29/1993|
|Rulings||Withholding Tax||WTR 92-3||Arizona Income Tax Withholding For: I. Nonresident Individuals Working in Arizona and II. Resident Individuals Working Outside of Arizona||10/01/1992|
|Rulings||Use||UTR 02-1||Use Tax on Purchases of Printed Matter From an Out-of-State Printer||04/24/2002|
|Rulings||Use||UTR 00-1||Tax Liability Resulting from a Purchase of Tangible Personal Property from an In-State Vendor||03/08/2000|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 21-1||Obligation of retailers to exclusively purchase tobacco products from licensed Arizona distributors.||09/08/2021|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 20-3||Application of liquor (luxury) tax to ready-to-drink (RTD) beverages.||10/27/2020|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 20-2||The classification of whole leaf tobacco under Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.) § 42-3052.||06/12/2020|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 20-1||Treatment of "heat-not-burn" products for tobacco tax purposes.||03/25/2020|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 18-1||Imposition of Arizona luxury privilege tax on Cavendish tobacco||04/17/2018|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 17-3||Tax treatment of sales of tobacco products. RESCINDS AND SUPERSEDES LTR 94-1||12/18/2017|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 17-2||Use of Vehicle or Residence to Store, Sell or Distribute Tobacco Products||07/28/2017|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 17-1||Imposition of Arizona luxury privilege tax and regulations on whole leaf tobacco||06/22/2017|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 15-1||Various transfers of untaxed tobacco products between manufacturers, importers, and distributors||01/23/2015|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 04-1||Refunding and Redemption Issues Concerning Loss or Theft of, Damage to, and Erroneous Usage of Revenue Stamps Held by Cigarette Distributors||03/04/2004|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 04-2||Imposition of Arizona Luxury Privilege Tax on Molasses Tobacco||03/03/2004|
|Rulings||Luxury||LTR 94-1||RESCINDED AND SUPERSEDED ON 12/18/17 - SEE LTR 17-3||11/28/1994|