For businesses, filing electronically is a requirement under certain circumstances. The following criteria determines which Arizona taxpayers must remit their taxes electronically:
- Withholding Tax - Any taxpayer with $2,500 average quarterly liability for withholding tax during the prior tax year.
- Corporate Estimated Tax - Any corporation with $10,000 prior tax year liability.
- Transaction Privilege Tax – Any taxpayer with $10,000 prior tax year liability.
- Tobacco Luxury Tax – Arizona licensed distributors are required to submit all documents (including returns) and make all payments electronically through Arizona Luxury Tax Online (ALTO).
For more information on business e-filing requirements, see ADOR Pub 650.
The state of Arizona provides a website that enables business taxpayers to file and pay state taxes online. Users can file withholding and transaction privilege taxes, make corporate income, withholding and transaction privilege tax payments, verify the status of tax licenses, consult answers to tax questions frequently asked of the state and more—all electronically from one location.
Thousands of Arizona businesses are already enrolled at www.AZTaxes.gov because of the following:
- It saves time and money;
- Taxpayers no longer have to make last minute trips to the bank or Post Office, deal with lost checks or miss deadlines.
- Taxpayers are in total control of initiating tax payments securely through this site.
For additional information, visit www.AZTaxes.gov.
Electronic Funds Transfer Program
Since Jan. 1, 1993, the state of Arizona has required certain taxpayers to remit payments due through the electronic funds transfer (EFT) system. Electronic funds transfer requires the taxpayer to send payments electronically rather than writing and mailing a check. It has proven to be a safe, efficient payment system that allows the state to use techniques that banks and businesses have used for years. Payments move almost instantaneously through this system from taxpayers’ accounts into the State Treasury, ensuring that payments are received by the due date.
TPT Bulk Filing Options
The state of Arizona allows taxpayers to electronically file and pay their transaction privilege tax returns using approved tax preparation software. There are two options to file:
- Returns can be filed through the software products or tax professionals approved for this program.
- Taxpayers can upload a file created by the approved tax preparation software on AZTaxes.gov.
More information on using the web upload service