Quick Filing Tips for Arizona Taxpayers
Phoenix, AZ—Electronic filing makes it easy for taxpayers to file both federal and state individual income tax returns with fewer mistakes and quicker processing. Taxpayers reap many benefits by electronically filing and paying any tax due and using direct deposit for a refund.
Why choose e-file over paper?
- Free File. Taxpayers may qualify to file for free through the Free File Alliance. About 70 percent of taxpayers are eligible for this service.
- Easy, step-by-step instructions. E-file software makes it easier for taxpayers to prepare and submit their income tax forms by prompting them with questions.
- Faster refunds. On average, refunds arrive up to six times sooner than when filing by paper.
- Accurate. Taxpayers can input or upload their figures, and e-file software does the rest, reducing human typing and math errors.
- Automatic. Returns are transferred right into ADOR’s systems. No mail delivery wait time. No paper opening. No sorting. No manual data entry.
- Proof of acceptance. Taxpayers receive an acknowledgment of receipt from both the IRS and ADOR via the software vendor. No need to worry about the delivery of your return.
- Secure. Confidential information is encrypted and securely transmitted to the IRS and ADOR.
- Convenient. The convenience of filing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from home.
Why e-pay over paper check?
- One-Stop-Shop. In a single step, taxpayers can e-file and e-pay.
- No need for paper checks. File early and schedule an online payment for a few days before the April due date. The Arizona Department of Revenue advises taxpayers to pay by April 14 due to the weekend and holiday. Filing paper checks last minute assures you will experience delays due to filing volume.
- Peace of mind. Automatic withdrawals from the taxpayer's account and no need to worry or monitor transaction activity.
- Secure. No payment information is disclosed other than to process the authorized transaction.
- No ADOR service charges for e-check. Although ADOR charges no service fees for e-checks, taxpayers should check with their financial institutions about any fees they may charge.
Why use direct deposit over a mailed check?
- Fast. Receive the refund in your account within two business days - even faster if e-filed! Paper refunds are mailed within three business days after approval, plus mail delivery time, plus a trip to the bank can equal a week later.
- Extra secure. There is no check to get lost.
- More convenient. No trip to the bank to deposit the check. All you need is your routing and account number.
- Free. No cost for direct deposit.
- Flexible. Available whether the return is filed electronically or by paper.
Friday, February 17, 2023